CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Prayer Journal

And my God will supply ALL your needs according to His riches in glory in Jesus Christ. -Philippians 4:19

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and repeition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. -Philippians 4:6


During our time living in Oklahoma I kept a prayer journal (pictured in the middle above).  It had a space for me to reflect on 'a moment of thanks', 'a prayer' and 'an answer'.  This made it very simple for me to keep track of how God was working in my life.  The first entry was April 7, 2002 and the last entry was on January 29, 2006.  One of the last entries reads:

"Be with Jarrod and I as we discover what you have in store for our lives.  Please calm our concerns regardng moving and finances.  Please speak to us and let us know when the time is for a baby...."

We had just decided to move back home to Texas, but little did we know Emma would be born that year!

After that prayer journal had been filled I never started a new one.  I always had intentions but never got around to it.  That is, until last night!  My new one (pictured to the left) has its first entry.  To the right is the Women's Study Bible Jarrod got me for Christmas.  God knows our needs/wants/feelings, long before we do.  This is AMAZING!!  Even so, he desires for us to voice those to Him in prayer.  He desires an open line of communication. 

1 comments:

Sandra

He will always fill our needs.
That is so awesome that you are doing this. Matt and I each have one, but mine is empty. I also have a women's Bible I LOVE! I started on page one and then kind of got off track. Seeing this is inspiring me to pick it up with no excuses.
I hope you keep with it.

Post a Comment